Training for Surrogate Partners and Sex Therapists
Referrals for clients and supervising therapists.
Certification of Surrogate Partners and Supervising Therapists.
Cooperation with academic research, public education, and continuing education for therapists and surrogate partners.
IPSA supports a worldwide community of professionals in the field of surrogate partner therapy, which includes surrogate partners, therapists, and individuals supportive of surrogate partner therapy. The purposes of the organization are:
1. To make available to therapists surrogate partners who uphold professional ethics and meet professional
2. to increase knowledge and acceptance of surrogate partner therapy in the therapeutic community and in
the general public;
3. to elevate the professional standards and ethics of all surrogate partners;
4. to promote professional standards for surrogate partner training;
5. to provide training for prospective and practicing surrogate partners and therapists;
6. to advance knowledge and disseminate information about sexual functioning;
7. to conduct and participate in research related to surrogate partner therapy and sexual functioning;
8. to encourage the updating of laws related to sexual practices;
9. to encourage legislation establishing standards in the field of sex therapy;
10. to promote educational services for the professional development of IPSA members;
11. to facilitate client access to surrogate partner therapy information and referrals; and
12. to foster a feeling of fellowship and cooperation within the organization.
We as members of IPSA, are committed to promoting healthy attitudes toward sexuality and intimacy in our clients and in the community. To further our work and our own emotional well-being, we join together to provide support and assistance to each other in these endeavors.